9.11.17

Travel | 3 Reasons Why You Need to Visit Italy

Positano, Path of the God
Path of the Gods
Italy has been on the top of my travel wish list for as long as I can remember. Just last month, my boyfriend and I decided to make a little journey through Rome, Amalfi, Positano and Capri in 7 days. So far, it had been the most memorable trip for us as a couple and there are just so many reasons why you need to pack your bag and go to Italy right now!
Pane e Salami

Here are the top 3 reasons why you need to visit Italy and why I would go back!
1. Ultimate Place for Foodies
If you are a fellow foodie, you are going to love trying out of the Italian dishes. If you are visiting Rome, I would recommend trying Pane e Salami near the Trevi Foundation for the best sandwiches and the most delicious meat board. Alternatively, Tripadvisor is going to be your best friend when you are travelling as we always check it religiously to find the best places to eat. 
After my own investigation to find the best gelato experience in Rome. I have discovered a few signs that you should avoid. 
  • Avoid all the shops that stack up their gelato high up to attract all the tourists, instead, look for the understated shops that keep their gelato in metal bins. 
  • Avoid gelato with artificial colours, instead, look for one with real ingredients and natural colouring.
If you are near the Vatican City, I would highly recommend Hedera. I'm still dreaming about their creamy gelato. 
After returning home and talking to a few Italians, many of them have told us that the food in Rome isn't the best of what Italy has to offer but I was definitely blown away for my first visit. 
2. Arts and Architecture Enthusiasts

One of my favourite part about going on a city holiday is seeing all the different style of architectures. If you have ever seen any movies based in Rome (e.g. When In Rome with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Lizzie McGuire The Movie etc), I'm sure you will have some ideas of what to expect. Most of the time, my high expectation from these place in movies often left me disappointed in real life. However, I was still pleasantly surprised by the Colosseum, Trevi Foundation and the Vatican City. These are the places that you will need to see at least once!
If you are a big fan of the Arts and museums, you are going to love Rome and if you happened to be visiting Italy at the end of the month. Entries are usually free on the last Sunday of every month but try getting there early because the queue is going to be massive! We managed to visit the Vatican City for free this way. 
Positano
3. Romantic Rendezvous

Italy is a an amazing location that everyone should consider for a couple getaway. Every couple will find an activity for them, no matter if you are a foodie or an outdoorsy type. 
My boyfriend and I went to the Amalfi Coast and started a trek along the Path of the Gods which ended in Positano. I can tell you now that I'm definitely not an outdoor kind of girl but this trek was amazing! The view from the trek was breathtakingly beautiful and it gave us time to connect in a different setting. The trek along the Path of the Gods has been the most memorable memory for as a couple so far. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Faraglioni, Capri
The picture above is of Faraglioni and it's said that if you kiss your other half as you go through the arch, you will stay together for a lifetime. 
Have you been to Italy?

Don't forget to follow me on:
Facebook | BlogLovin' | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram

3 comments:

  1. Haven't been to Capri but I agree that Rome and the Amalfi coast are really worth the visit. So glad to hear someone else loved the Lizzie McGuire movie and When In Rome! Haha

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I certainly have been to Italy! Sadly not the places you have
    mentioned here. Gosh I miss Italian gelato! And Amalfi Coast looks
    gooorgeous xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, glad to read your sharing, thank you :)

    NameStylish
    http://www.namestylish.com/

    ReplyDelete